We all here at PDM Family hope that you and family are keeping well and staying safe during this Pandemic. There are very difficult times for us all and we appreciate your patience through it all.
We are following Governor Cuomo’s briefings and guidelines by the New York State Dental Association as well as the American Dental Association. We will start our reopening process to see emergent work 1st week of June. Elective work is still going to be postponed until the Governor lifts the mandates.
As we welcome you come back, you will notice quite a few changes that we have made to increase your safety. We will continue to update protocols as the new changes are made. Our main concern is your safety and well-being. Here are some changes that you will notice.
- Before you come you will have to answer a COVID pre-screening questionnaire. It is on our website under Patient resources as well as can be texted to you. It is imperative that you answer these questions, otherwise you will have to be rescheduled.
- On arrival, you will have your temperatures taken, as well as answer the questionnaire again. Our entire staff is also going to be pre-screened every day.
- We advise that you wait in your car instead of the waiting room. We will send you a text or call you when we are ready to see you.
- All patients will be required to wear a mask when they enter the office. If you don’t have one, one will be provided to you.
- Do maintain distances in the reception room for essential caregivers and for parents of minors if they cannot wait in a vehicle
- There will be no magazines or toys to minimize germ exposure. There will be hand sanitizers throughout the office.There will be sneeze guards at the main reception area to protect you and the staff at check in and check out.
- We have enhanced our cleaning procedures as well as the frequency of our cleaning procedures.
- We have also installed Air Purifiers to help reduce spread of germs.
- The staff will be wearing more Personal Protective Equipment (PPEs) and will always be wearing it. Some of our new PPEs include N95/Kn95 masks, face shields, gowns, hair nets.
- We will be introducing a new oral pre rinse for all our patients.
- We will try payment arrangements to minimize contact at check out.
- Increased appointment times so that we can prepare appropriately and answer any of your concerns. Please don’t hesitate to contact us should you have any concerns.
Please be patient with us as we try to navigate through these unprecedented times.